A house is not complete without a bathroom. It is often taken for granted but it is actually an essential part of the house. It provides a perfect place for privacy, relaxation, and cleaning yourself. In many houses, bathrooms come in a wide variety of designs and interiors.
In many luxurious homes, bathrooms are spacious and are complete with bathroom fixtures such as bath tubs, elegant sinks, a heated shower, the best possible shower caddy, and other high-tech gadgets. However, not all households are large enough to have a huge bathroom. So how would you put everything in it?
The best solution for small bathrooms is to maximize the space. There are many life hacks that you can do. One of these life hacks is to purchase and install a shower caddy or two. There are hundreds of styles and brands, but how can you know which one works best? Checkout the below best shower caddy reviews and choose the caddy which suits your budget and your bathroom interiors.
Best Shower Caddies 2019 Comparison Chart
What’s a Shower Caddy?
Caddies are there to ease up your bath games. A shower caddy is a rack that holds your toiletries in place and organised. Our bathroom is a place where we enjoy our best alone times. The small space needs a smart brain to stay organised. But when you have a shower caddy to your salvation, you are fine.
Advantages of using a Shower Caddy
Why is a shower caddy an important thing for you? You can do without it, So why would you buy it. These shower organisers play a significant role in your toilet hygiene. Let’s have a look at some of the biggest benefits of it.
- Shower caddies come in various builds, designs, sizes. These are ideal for bathroom aesthetics.
- A shower caddy keeps all your toiletries together. So your bathroom stays clean and organised.
- A shower rack ensures that you don’t need to move in the middle of a shower. It holds everything you might need, and you get them easily.
- Shower caddies don’t cost a lot. You can change them frequently.
- Shower caddies can be a great aid for the ladies. They have numerous products that easily go out of control. Get a caddy, and you wouldn’t be running across your bathroom in search of those.
Types of Shower Caddies
There are four kinds of shower caddy : Over the shower head shower caddy, Corner shower caddy, Over door shower caddy and Shower totes.
- Over the showerhead Shower Caddy : The over the showerhead caddy is the most commonly used type that is found in hardware stores and bathrooms. It is easy to install; all you have to do is to hang it on the showerhead. Its features are no different from the other kinds of shower caddies.
- Corner Shower Caddy : The corner shower caddy, also called the corner shower shelf, is placed at the corner of the bathroom. It uses suction cups and durable tension poles to keep itself in place.
- Over-the-door Shower Caddy : The over-the-door shower caddy is placed above the shower door with the aid of a long hook that serves as the mounting point. Some over-the-door shower caddies come with suction cups to secure the shower caddy in place.
- Shower Totes : Shower totes are very portable and are perfectly used during vacations or in dormitories. They are usually made of nylon mesh and plastic that has decent drainage holes at the bottom.
The qualities of the Best Shower Caddy
There are certain points in our lives when we experience a messy bathroom, regardless of the size. Luckily, the shower caddy was invented to solve this problem. It is also called a shower organizer, shower rack, or shower basket. It is a shower accessory that is mounted on the shower head. It is perfect for storing shampoo, conditioner, and other shower essentials.
If you are going to purchase a shower caddy, here are some factors that you should consider:
Bathrooms have varying heights from floor to ceiling. Therefore, a shower caddy should be long enough to fit in and secure itself in place. The shower caddy you buy should have an extendable height. Some can be extended from 5 to 9 feet, while others can be extended up to different height ranges.
A shower caddy is usually made of materials such as aluminium, stainless steel, metal, or chrome. Regardless of price, the shower caddy that you buy should be resistant to rust and corrosion. The materials should also be strong, durable, and withstand different levels of tension. Avoid the ones that are easily scratched too.
The Top 11 Best Shower Caddy Reviews
Are you hunting for the best shower caddy of the year? We might just ease you here. So, what you believe makes a great shower caddy? Yes, design matters. It must keep all your bathroom utilities well organised. Apart from that, a good shower caddy must also withstand the humid bathroom conditions and evade rusts. We have picked the top 11 best shower caddies for 2019 based on positive online ratings and feedback. They are listed below including the features, pros, and cons of each shower caddy.
1. Simplehuman Tension Shower Caddy
The Simplehuman Tension Shower Caddy is made of stainless steel and anodized aluminum with a high-compression spring to provide a secure fit from floor to ceiling. It provides a place for organizing shower essentials regardless of the size of the bathroom.
- Can be installed without any tools
- High-compression spring to fit securely between the floor and ceiling
- Made with a reinforced aluminum pole
- Stainless steel and anodized aluminum
- Adjustable tension pole
- Three adjustable trays
- Additional storage for other shower essentials
- Quick dispensing feature
2. Vidan Home Solutions’ Hanging Shower Caddy
The Vidan Home Solutions’ Hanging Shower Caddy is a two-tray shower caddy that can be permanently mounted in any portion of the bathroom. It has an elegant design and a solid construction.
Here are the other features and pros of Vidan Home Solutions’ Hanging Shower Caddy that make it stand out from other shower caddies:
- Made of stainless steel
- Portable and can be hung anywhere
- Comes with suction cups
- Has an elegant and modern style
- Comes with a money-back guarantee
3. InterDesign York Tension Caddy
Another best seller in the market today is the InterDesign York Tension Caddy. It has a pretty solid construction and classic design that can hold shower essentials.
The InterDesign York Tension Caddy comes with unique features. Some of them are the following:
- Made with metal
- Comes in 4 different colors
- ThermoBond coating
- Durable rust resistant finish
- Poles extends from 5 to 9 feet
- Patented with Constant Tension technology
- 4 large baskets
4. Metro Décor Constant Tension Caddy
If you are looking for a corner shower caddy, the Metro Décor Constant Tension Caddy is a smart choice. It looks pretty solid and has a stylish design.
Here are the other features and advantages of the Metro Décor Constant Tension Caddy:
- Constant Tension technology
- 4 baskets with varying sizes
- Extendable pole from 5 to 9 feet
- Made of steel with a rust-resistant finish
- Hooks and towel bar
- Spring load tension pole
5. Zenna Home 7402AL Aluminum Shower Caddy
The Zenna Home 7402AL Aluminum Shower Caddy is an over-the-showerhead shower caddy that can be easily installed on top of the showerhead. It helps keep shower essentials in place and within easy reach.
Here are the features of the Zenna Home 7402AL Aluminum Shower Caddy that make it stand out among the other shower caddies. Also listed are the pros and cons that are worth checking:
- Made with rustproof aluminum
- Guaranteed rustproof for life
- Has 2 storage shelves and a soap dish
- Slip-proof collar plus suction cups
- Satin chrome finish
- No tools required for installation
- Has an attractive design
6. Simplehuman Adjustable Hanging Shower Caddy XL
The Simplehuman adjustable hanging shower caddy is a perfect option to organize your bathing essentials.
The shower caddy is designed in a way to offer efficacy. Also, it comes with stainless steel and anodized aluminum body which offers durability.
The shower caddy offers quite a lot of space for family sharing needs. Also, it comes with movable shelves, and the neck can extend up to 12 inches. It is made of anodized aluminum and stainless steel.
This caddy is a bit bigger then one would normally expect. If you are looking for a smaller caddy which is cheaper and have similar features, you can go in for a smaller version of the Simplehuman Adjustable Hanging Shower Caddy.
Here is a video review of the Simplehuman adjustable shower caddy:
The features of this shower caddy make it an excellent choice for large families. Some of the best features are listed below.
- The Simplehuman shower caddy is compatible with handheld showerheads.
- The shower caddy comes with wider adjustable shelves.
- The shower caddy is designed for modern shower tools.
- It has an extendable neck.
- There is also a Quick adjust dial which helps in getting the perfect position for shelves.
- It comes with solid materials and secure installation that helps the shower caddy to offer durability.
- Bottles can be stored upside-down for easy dispensing.
- It securely stores small items like rings or hair ties.
7. mDesign Bathroom Hose Shower Caddy
This shower caddy is all about great designs. This shower caddy has six shelves all slanted at 45 degrees with the stem positions. So this caddy eases your trouble with the last drops of your shampoos or other liquid products.
This handy shower caddy has a lot to offer. Let’s check out some of the top features.
- The caddy is made of steel and has rust resistance coating.
- The caddy is designed to fit with both hand-held hoses and oversized showerheads.
- The six shelves angled at 45 degrees let you easily take out the last drops of liquid products.
- The caddy also has two hooks for razors and loofahs.
- The lower part has two shelves for soaps. This goes great with bathrooms shared by two people.
- The caddy has slip free grip with a suction cup to keep your items intact.
8. OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Corner Standing Shower Caddy
This is a corner standing shower caddy which comes with an easy installation process.
The shower caddy comes with the slide and lock technology and has non-slip wheels. The height of caddy is also adjustable.
Hence it becomes easy to access the toiletries. Even the trays of the caddy come with drainage slots which help in preventing dirt.
- The OXO Shower Caddy comes with stable feet that adjust with the shower floor and offers a perfect balance.
- The top tray slides back easily into shower corner, and the non-slip bumpers grip walls offering maximum stability.
- The shower caddy has a perfect height of 3 Feet which keeps the toiletries within reach.
- Both of the large bins are removable and easily adjustable for easy cleaning.
- You will not require any tool to install the shower caddy.
9. Lancher Bathroom Shelf
The Lancher Bathroom Shelf is a 2 tier shower shelf and a kitchen storage basket. This is a versatile product which can be used in your kitchen as well as in your bathroom. The shower caddy is made of durable aluminum and it has an easy to install process.
- It comes with an easy to install process.
- It comes with adhesive suction stickers that ensure that your stuff isn’t falling down.
- The shower caddy can handle 15lbs of weight.
- It is rust proof.
- The shower caddy is made of highly durable aluminum.
10. Simplehuman Corner Shower Caddy
This is another corner shower caddy from Simplehuman with a great design. The caddy provides great corner space usage. The body is rust free. Shelves are adjustable horizontally and vertically making it a lot more effective.
Let’s explore some of the best features of this corner caddy.
- The caddy has a rust-proof stainless steel and anodized aluminium body and gives you a five-year warranty.
- The caddy has two shelves both horizontally and vertically adjustable according to the item you need to place.
- Two hooks are attached to the upper shelf for loofahs and other accessories.
11. Shlocker Shower Locker
The shlocker shower locker is a perfect solution to keep your personal care products out of the reach of your roommates or children.
This shower caddy comes with a good draining system and has 3 code lock. Also, it is super easy to setup the locker.
Here is the video review of Shlocker Shower Locker:
- It comes with a removable shelf.
- The locker is designed in such a way that it can easily hold razor or toothbrush type stuff.
- It has an anti-fog mirror located inside of the locker.
- The shower locker also comes with side ventilation located near the top unit that helps in proper air flow.
- There are also a couple of holes in the door for ventilation.
- The locker also has holes at the bottom of it which offers proper drainage.
- The lock is a 3-Number combination which helps in keeping the products secure.
- The lock is easy to setup.
- The shower caddy comes with two commercial-grade suction cups.
- It can be easily installed.
- It can hold 40 lbs of weight easily.
These are the top 11 best shower caddies for 2019 that are available in many hardware stores and home depots today. Like most products, each of them has drawbacks too. But what make them stand out are the number of pros which are much more than the number of the cons.
Best Shower Caddies 2019 : Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to Install a Shower Caddy?
Installing a shower caddy is a super easy task. Since different types of shower caddies are available in the market; hence the installation process is different for each type. To make it easy for you, here is the installation guide for each type of shower caddy:
How to install Over the showerhead shower caddy?
Over the showerhead shower caddies are easy to install. First of all assemble all the parts that you get with the shower caddy. Then you have to hang up the shower caddy on the head of your shower and you are done.
How to install tension corner shower caddy?
At first, open the box of tension corner shower caddy. Then assemble all the shelves to the pole using the screws provided. After that place the shower caddy at the corner of your shower area and fix it using some screws or suction cups.
How to install over the door shower caddies?
The over the door shower caddies are basically plug and play types. All you need to do is assemble the shower caddy and hang it on the door of your shower.
However, for a better guide, you can check out the installation manual provided with the shower caddy box. Also, most of the shower caddies does not require any tools to setup. All the parts will easily collaborate with each other and will turn out as a shower caddy.
How to install Shower Caddy with Suction Cups?
If you happen to have a shower caddy that comes with suction cups. Then you can follow these steps to install it:
- First of all, open the box and look for the shelf items and screws.
- After that use the screws to assemble the shelf.
- Then you have to clean the wall and wait till it dries.
- Then place the shelf on the wall and mark the area where you need to apply those stickers.
- After that apply the stickers on the wall. Then press them a little hard to remove the air.
- Now carefully place the shower caddy on the stickers and press it hard.
- Once done, you have to wait for at least 12 hours so the shelf can fit on the suction cups easily.
Before putting anything make sure you have double checked the shelf to avoid accidents.
2. How to Hang Shower Caddy on Tile?
First of all, check if you can hang the shower caddy on tile or not. If you can, then you will probably get a few shower caddy suction cups as well. However, these are the steps that you have to follow:
- First clean the tiles and make sure there is no water. To speed up this process, you can use a hair dryer.
- After that, you need to place the shower caddy on the tiles and take a measurement.
- Then simply put the shower caddy suction cups to its place and press it hard. So it can easily get fixed on the wall.
- In the end, simply put your shower caddy on the suction cups, and you are good to go.
But you need to make sure that you are not immediately putting stuff on the shower caddy. Instead, you need to leave the shower caddy for at least 12 hours before you start using it.
3. How to Remove Rust from Shower Caddy?
- First of all, remove the shower caddy from the suction cups.
- Then use a brush to lose the rust from your shower caddy.
- Then make a liquid with water and 1 cup of white vinegar and then wet the shower caddy.
- Then use a scrubber to scrub the rust and clean it completely. If you face difficulties while cleaning the rust, then do apply some baking soda over it. And then try to clean it off.
- In the end, wash the shower caddy using warm water and let it dry.
- You can also apply a coat of Rust-oleum on the shower caddy so it won’t catch rust again.
4. What are Shower Niches and how to install them?
Before we talk about how to install a shower niche, let’s just get a clear idea of what a shower niche is?
What is a Shower Niche?
Well, a shower niche or bathroom niche is basically a storage space in the wall of your shower or bathroom area. This space is mainly used by us to keep shower and toilet accessories. Also, it is a permanent installation on the wall that can be made during the building phase.
There are two types of shower niches:
Tiled Shower Niche: The tiled shower niche is a wall space which is completely covered by tiles. You have to build this during the building phase of your shower area. The installation for this type of shower niche is permanent.
Finished Shower Niche: The finished shower niche is a pre-made product which is designed with a finished surface. This type of shower niche does not require any tiles. Also, it is a permanent installation, and you have to fix a finished shower niche on a wall during the building phase.
How to install shower niche?
Well installing a shower niche can be an easy as well as a hard task. If your shower is in building phase, then you can request your builder to make a tiled shower niche for you. Or you can install a finished one.
However, if you already have a readymade shower. Then installing a tiled or finished shower niche can be a pretty tough job. For this, you can get a shower locker type of shower caddy to keep things.
But if you want to get a permanent installation, then you need to call up a builder and have to cut your wall and then install the shower niche. However, if you choose to use a shower locker, then all you have to do is use some suction cups.
5. What are Bathtub Caddies?
Bathtub caddies are an essential tool that makes your bathing experience more pleasant. Using a bathtub caddy, you can spend long hours in your bathtub, and in meanwhile the bathtub caddy will help you to keep things on it. Like you can keep a book or a glass of juice, or maybe your cell phone.
One of the best bathtub caddies is the Royal Craft Wood Luxury Bathtub Caddy Tray.
This one is designed in a way that offers convenience. Also, it has accessory slots where you can keep your things.
In addition to that, the bathtub caddy is waterproof and offers durability. The caddy is made of high quality bamboo woods and has a coating of thin lacquer on the top.
You can also use the inbuilt book / tablet holder to read your favorite book or watch movies during your bathtub session. In addition to that, it has wine glass slots too.
Other shower equipment
Aside from shower caddies, there are other important pieces of shower equipment that are often taken for granted. These are the following:
- Pressure balanced valve : This is a device to maintain the shower water pressure and temperature despite the pressure fluctuations in either cold or hot supply lines.
- Shower radio : A shower radio is a battery-powered waterproof radio that can be used in wet conditions. It provides music so you can be more entertained or be more relaxed while having shower.
- Shower cap : A shower cap is a cap worn to protect the hair from getting wet while bathing or showering. For children, this is a crown with wide brims to prevent shampoo from getting into their eyes.
- A sunshower : It is a relatively new shower device that is characterized by an insulated bag that utilizes solar energy to heat the water held within. It is made by Stearns, Inc., an outdoor equipment company.
- Washing mitt : A washing mitt is any piece of cloth that is shaped like a pouch that is used to help in washing the body. It can be used for applying soap or removing the soap with a rinsed out washing mitt.
Other shower storage ideas
Aside from shower caddies, there are more ways to maximize the space in the bathroom. They are life hacks which are easy to do and inexpensive. They even add to the style and décor of bathroom interiors too.
You can apply the following life hacks in your bathroom.
Storage shelves between wall studs
Most people are unaware of the little space between the wall studs. With this space, you can do whatever you like. For small bathrooms, you can transform it into a small recessed cabinet shelf. You can store shower products here such as soap, shampoo, conditioner, towels, etc.
Baskets on the wall
Instead of putting the baskets on the floor, why not hang them? They can look pretty hanging on the bathroom wall. All you need are screws, washers to anchor it, and drywall anchors. You can put light bathroom essentials here such as towels and toilet papers.
Tower of buckets on the wall
Another thing that you can hang on the bathroom wall is a tower of buckets. You will need some cute pastel-colored buckets, an all-purpose clothesline, and a simple hook. Using the all-purpose clothesline, tie the buckets about eight inches apart. Double knot the clothesline when you get to the last bucket. Then hang it on the wall using a simple hook. You can also hang it on the door.
Wrap-around shelf under the sink
Another space that you can maximize is the space underneath a pedestal sink. You can purchase a curved organizer and then install it under the pedestal sink.
Bathrooms are an indispensable part of every household. They provide people with a place for relaxation and privacy. Although not all households have a spacious bathroom, all bathrooms can be adapted to maximize the amount of space available.
One of the best pieces of shower equipment that can maximize the space is the shower caddy. It is a storage system in the shower that is made with rustproof materials. It provides an organized space for shampoo, soap, conditioner, a towel, and other shower essentials.
There are four kinds of shower caddy: the corner shower caddy, over-the-door shower caddy, shower totes, and over the shower head shower caddy. Each of them has a similar design. The main difference is the way they are installed and where they are placed. The most portable among them are shower totes which can be used in common shower rooms.
The kind of shower caddy is the first thing to consider when buying. Some other factors include the materials it is made of. It should be resistant to rust and corrosion and withstand tension. The pole should also be extendable to a reasonable height range and have a non-skid bottom.
The shower caddy should have a good number of shelves that can accommodate different sizes and weights of bottles and have additional hooks and spaces for razors, towels etc.
There is a wide array of shower caddies that are readily available in hardware stores and home depots, but not all of them are of high quality. Some rust easily, while others get scratched easily. There are some shower caddies that last for years and withstand corrosion.
Based on the feedback from users and online ratings, we have picked the top 11 best shower caddies today.
All of them have outstanding features. They are made of rustproof materials and come in different styles and colors that can easily blend in and complement any bathroom interior. They all have shelves with additional hooks. The poles of each shower caddy are extendable up to certain range of height.
The best shower caddy does not have to be expensive. Get the best shower caddy in 2019 that you and your bathroom deserve.